vicissitude [vi-sis-i-tood, -tyood] –n. 1: a variation in circumstances or fortune at different times in your life or in the development of something; "the project was subject to the usual vicissitudes of exploratory research" 2: mutability in life or nature (especially successive alternation from one condition to another)
05 October, 2008
relationships are mysterious
I am currently reading a book called "A General Theory of Love" by 3 psychiatrists in order to try to understand relationships better. It is about the psychobiology of love, explaining the differentiation between reason and emotions in our brains and how our relationships affect who were are as people starting right from infancy to our grownup relationships. I know I am not going to get any complete answers to my many questions, but I am finding it pretty interesting. I have such a drive to try to understand love and relationships. The mystery makes me crazy! Why is the search for a lifetime partner so much more difficult for some than others? Why did a relationship with a guy I felt was who I had been waiting for all my life end up not working out? Why do I feel drawn to my current boyfriend more than other random guys I have gone out with in the past year who were also good-looking, intelligent, kind, and fun? And then why do our differences on a couple of big issues not stop me from wanting to see him, even though I am not very sure we are actually going to make it in the long run? Our relationship is kind of limbo right now. Who knows, maybe we will end up staying together. I have no idea. I have been uncertain all along, and he has questions about our compatibility as well, but it is still hard to go through these sorts of struggles in the relationship anyway. You never want it to not work out with someone. I am doing OK though. Whatever happens, at least I know I have been challenged and grown from this experience, and we have had a lot of fun together. Hopefully the time of limbo will be over, one way or the other, before long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment