I'm not quite steaming mad this week, but disappointed and confused. What the heck happened that this situation blew up so much?? This situation I speak of hasn't been resolved, as we have not talked in a week, which is not my choice (not talking about things is hardly EVER my choice!). I hope there will be some kind of peaceful resolution, even if we agree to disagree, but still respect and listen to each other. I just have a really hard time with conflict, and I feel like I have done what I can do, but I haven't felt any reciprocation so far, and I really don't think I did anything that would warrant refusing to talk to me. Honestly, anyone who knows the details about this situation would agree this seemingly came out of left field. But there are probably things on the other side that I don't know are going on, or maybe he realized some things about himself, and this relationship was really way more than he could deal with right now (?). I don't know. I really hope we will be able to smooth some things out. Whatever it is, the relationship is not going to be what it was, and I don't want it to be. That is very clear. I realize that if he is not interested in even having that conversation, I need to find a way to find resolution myself.
I really don't deal well with conflict. Other than with my family, I am not used to fighting with people (and even though I argue with my immediate family members, I really really love them and I hate when it happens and try to work on it and I know the relationship will continue). This is very different and unfamiliar to me. It's unsettling.
That said though, I have been doing OK, and I know I will get through this, and I am not letting it get me down. I have learned a lot through this experience, and I can only be responsible for myself. As long as I conduct myself with integrity (as much as I can) and do my best to practice grace and forgiveness, that's all I can do. I sure am trying!
1 comment:
You have good perspective on things - even when they're hard.
Post a Comment