vicissitude [vi-sis-i-tood, -tyood] –n. 1: a variation in circumstances or fortune at different times in your life or in the development of something; "the project was subject to the usual vicissitudes of exploratory research" 2: mutability in life or nature (especially successive alternation from one condition to another)
17 June, 2008
the will of the bee
This evening as I left the gym, I noticed a bee sitting on the windshield of my car. I wondered how long he would last, sitting there. As I accelerated on the road, he clenched on hard. I thought for sure he would take the opportunity to take off when I slowed to a stop to turn a corner. But no, he stayed put. I thought there was no way he was going to be able to hang on when I was going across the bridge at nearly highway speed. But he did!! He made it all the way to my home! It was a little hard to focus on the road, while keeping an eye on the persistent bee! When I parked my car, he didn't immediately fly away. I got out of the car and took a close look at him. The bee still appeared to have all of his wings, despite the extreme flappage they got in the wind. I left before he did. I wonder how long he stayed sitting there on my windshield. I think he must have been in shock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment