



My apartment is rather quiet now, as my sister Sara and her friends Peter and Chris left earlier today after staying with me for the past week. These "Three Musketeers" have been friends since college. Since their time in college, Sara has lovingly referred to Pete and Chris as her sons. :) The three of them departed from Indiana the middle of last week and arrived at my place last Saturday evening. I was only made aware of the fact that ALL THREE of them would be staying with me on Thursday, I believe! Pete's brother Brendan, who also lives in Seattle, has a studio apartment/room in a house, so didn't really have room for the two guys to stay with him. I told them we could give it a try, but that I really don't have tons of space either. Sara slept in my bed with me, Pete slept on the living room floor, and Chris slept on the couch. It was not luxury or anything, but they seemed happy with the accomodations, and were good, considerate house guests.
On Sunday, the three of them, along with Brendan and I, went to the Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum Sculpture Park, and the Space Needle. That evening we watched Bottle Rocket at my place.
On Monday I was off. Our family friend Amy and her little girl Naomi came over to see Sara, and all of us walked around Green Lake. That evening we went bowling at The Garage, where Brendan and Kevin joined us. That was a good time. I had pretty good luck with bowling, and consistent too, with scores of 109 and 111. Yeehaw!
Unfortunately, I had to work the rest of the week (and we are super short-staffed right now, which is another story), so the visitors slept in and entertained themselves during the day. Tuesday night we went to the Mariners game, and Kevin got all of us free tickets through work, so that was a nice bonus! The weather was really lousy (like a downpour), so sadly the roof had to be closed. The Mariners lost to the Angels. Apparently our team continues to suck. Anyway, we had a good time, despite the screaming school age girls down the row, and the screaming junior high girls right behind us. I always love going to ball games.
Last night, their last night in Seattle, a group of us met up and went to some bars on Capitol Hill. We started at Cafe Metropolitan, then went to Cha Cha's and ordered food from Bimbo's Bitchin' Burrito Kitchen upstairs. Scrumptious! We had some good laughs. Then we went to Linda's for a while. The guys stayed out later with Brendan, Anna, and Kevin than Sara and I did.
So, this morning the three of them packed up and headed east, not particularly looking forward to cold nights camping with no running water (but I am sure they will have a blast together anyway). Jovie the cat and I miss them already. Jovie loved having lots of people around more hours of the day and paying attention to her! She liked sleeping cuddled up to Pete's legs too. It was sad to see them go. It was fun having them around. It was great to see Sara in such great spirits, and seeing her with these two old friends, with whom she is completely comfortable and can totally be herself. They haven't seen each other that much since college, but you would never know it. It warmed my heart. :) It was fun for me to get to know these guys that I have heard so much about for the last nearly ten years. So hopefully, at this moment they should be getting to their first destination in western Montana.
No comments:
Post a Comment