


This past month or so has been eventful. A couple of weeks ago I went back home to Saskatchewan for a family gathering of my dad's side. My parents, sisters, and brother-in-law were there too, so it was good to see them. It was great to see my grandparents after 2 years since I'd last been in Saskatchewan. They are getting old (94 and 89). It was nice to get a lot of time visiting with them at their place and playing cards before we went out to the lake with the rest of the family. Grandma is as sweet as ever, and Grandpa is just funny! He cracks himself up - like when he asked me when my toe was going to fall off (because of the toe ring) and then promptly announced that the elevator we were on at the time was "slower than molasses in winter" and started laughing at himself! I really enjoyed spending extra time with my special auntie too. I feel like she understands me in a way a lot of other people don't. I also get to spend a little time with a cousin on my mom's side, along with her husband and kids, who I also hadn't seen in ages!
As far as other events go, I was involved with a very difficult situation involving someone I really care about. It was scary, but things are going to be OK, I think. All I can really say about it is life is mysterious, and I am certainly reminded of that on a regular basis. I am also reminded of the power of prayer, and I am becoming more aware that God speaks to us in ways that we can't deny sometimes, like in dreams. Sometimes there is just no other explanation. I am not normally one that talks in terms of angels and demons or the spiritual forces around. But I honestly think that a dream forewarned me of the situation, and things would have been different if I hadn't had that dream and the conversation that followed about that dream. I know I am being very cryptic, but I have to be. The point is that I feel like God has been present in a way that God hasn't been in a long time in my life, and I really feel like God was using me, and not only using me to be there for someone else, but also working in me too. It blows my mind if I think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment