As a follow-up to my last post, I will put in a plug for a great cookbook compiled by fellow Mennonites called Simply in Season. It focuses on using seasonal foods grown locally in order to improve your health, support local farmers, and help the environment.
I used a recipe from this cookbook last week, which wasn't with local food, but I did get wild Alaskan salmon. The recipe was for Asian Grilled Salmon, which I actually baked, because I don't have a backyard or balcony where I could barbecue. It was SO delicious!! Super easy too. The marinade was just 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, and 1 Tbsp peeled and minced ginger root (I just used powdered ginger and eyeballed an amount). It was so simple and quick. I made some asparagus and whole wheat couscous to eat with it, which were also quick and easy and tasty! It was fabulous. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment