30 June, 2007

Ben Harper

Ben Harper is one of those musicians who has grown on me over time. What really moved him up on my list of favorites was his album that came out last year "Both Sides of the Gun". Then I saw him live at the Sasquatch Festival last year, which got me loving him even more. He is such a amazing musician and performer. So many of his songs are so emotional, and it was powerful to be there watching him perform. Since then I have listened more to his older stuff, which I have come to appreciate more as well. I am struck by his lyrics. I think they are pretty profound and very real. He sings a lot about love, lost love, social justice, God... all things I care about! I've been listening to his music more again lately and quite enjoying it.

No comments: