I have been thinking a lot about how it is truly a miracle how a new baby comes into the world. My friend Amy had her first baby, Naomi, yesterday. Even though I work with pregnant women and babies all the time in my work, I am still totally blown away by the whole thing. I think it's especially so right now because someone important to me has just experienced this.
I have known Amy my whole life. When we were growing up, our families would visit each other's homes and go on camping trips together, and we went to the same summer camp. We went to a Mennonite residential highschool together for one year where we had a lot of the same friends, sang in the choir, and worked on the yearbook together. Basically, Amy is the next closest thing to family to me. I flew back to Indiana for her wedding almost 3 years ago, and for the last 2 years, we have lived in the same city. It has been great for me to reconnect with her and to get to know her husband. Then I got to see her go through her pregnancy, and now I get to see her as a new mom.
I went to see the little family at the hospital yesterday, and it was so sweet seeing Amy & Joe with their daughter. It is so crazy to me that that 8 pound 13 ounce baby was just inside Amy, and now she's not! Not that it was an easy process for Amy to get her out of there, but nonetheless, it's mind-boggling. Now Amy & Joe's world is changed forever. I am so looking forward to seeing them as they parent Naomi, and I am so excited to get to know Naomi and see the little person she becomes!
No comments:
Post a Comment