vicissitude [vi-sis-i-tood, -tyood] –n. 1: a variation in circumstances or fortune at different times in your life or in the development of something; "the project was subject to the usual vicissitudes of exploratory research" 2: mutability in life or nature (especially successive alternation from one condition to another)
24 January, 2007
fitness cool
I have been mixing it up in my workout plan in the last couple of weeks. I don't ever do classes. I just go and use the exercise bike at the gym and at times I have done some upper body weights too. My friend Jen said I should come with her to a yoga class at our gym a couple of weeks ago, so I did. I had only been to a one-time 2 hour "demo" sort of yoga class before when I was in college. Well, when I got to the class, I realized that this one was level 2. Yikes! I turned out to be OK. I just followed what Jen did, and I only fell down once! :) I am lucky that I have some flexibility going for me, because I certainly don't have muscular strength! My arms and shoulders were so sore for a couple of days after! I think I'll start going regularly to that one. It can only get easier. That was adventure #1. The second one felt a little more ridiculous to me. This week Jen convinced me to go to the kickboxing class. I didn't do terribly, and afterall, it was my first kickboxing class ever, but I looked hilarious!! Of course it's in a room with wall-to-wall mirrors, so you can hardly help but look at yourself. Some of those women were so intense and really looked like they might punch someone out. I just looked like a Muppet! It's no big secret why my dad used to call me Grover Arms! But I think I might go back to that class too. I kind of like the challenge, because I think I am a little too easy on myself when I bike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, i need to find some way to get into decent shape. i'm pretty sure sitting at a computer for 8 hours a day isn't doing me a whole lot of good. problem is, finding some type of excercise that i can do enough to do any good, is free, and that i actually like doing.
Post a Comment