08 December, 2006

ack 2.0

Wow, now I have someone else's relationship problems to worry about. It's so hard when there's nothing you can do. I feel like I can try to give my advice and be loving and supportive, but really it's up to the people involved to make their own decisions and to try to make the best of the situation they are in now. I hate it when people I care about are hurting so much. Who knows what the outcome will be. I have really become aware in the last year from my own experience and that of others that a person is only able to control their own actions and reactions and is powerless beyond that, for the most part. But that can be so difficult when you know what you wish the others would do, but it's not happening. Or when you worry so much about another person, but again, s/he has to make his/her own decisions, and you don't know what that person is thinking or what direction will be taken. I guess all I can do is say a prayer and hope for the best outcome for everyone.

No comments: