vicissitude [vi-sis-i-tood, -tyood] –n. 1: a variation in circumstances or fortune at different times in your life or in the development of something; "the project was subject to the usual vicissitudes of exploratory research" 2: mutability in life or nature (especially successive alternation from one condition to another)
05 November, 2006
While I'm on this kick...
I am really into the latest Imogen Heap album, Speak for Yourself. I knew her Frou Frou song "Let Go" from the Garden State soundtrack, so when I heard about this album I was intrigued. I heard her song "Hide and Seek" on the movie "The Last Kiss". This song grew on me. It's so different, but the more I listened, the more I loved its uniqueness. I love the clashyness of the harmonies. I find it interesting that the music is so mellow sounding, yet the first line expresses pretty honest confusion: "Where are we? What the hell is going on?". The first track "Headlock" is another favourite - more dancey. I need to go to her concert at the Showbox in December...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey, me and the missus are thinking of taking the train down to seattle sometime for a weekend. not sure when, but we figger it's our turn to come down there and see you. maybe we'll have to plan it for when a good band is playing, and take you to a show.
Post a Comment