15 August, 2006

do what you have to do

Do What You Have to Do - Sarah McLachlan

What ravages of spirit conjured this temptuous rage?
Created you a monster; broken by the rule of love.
And fate has led you through it,
You do what you have to do.
Oh, and fate has led you through it,You do what you have to do.
But I have the sense to recognize that I don't know how to let you go.

Every moment marked with apparitions of your soul.
I'm ever swiftly moving; trying to escape this desire.
The yearning to be near you,
I do what I have to do.
Oh, the yearning to be near you,
I do what I have to do.

But I have the sense to recognize that I don't know how to let you go.
I don't know how to let you go.

A glowing ember, burning hot, and burning slow.
Deep within I'm shaken by the violence of existing for only you.
I know I can't be with you,I do what I have to do.
I know I can't be with you,I do what I have to do.

And I have the sense to recognize that I don't know how to let you go.
I don't know how to let you go.
I don't know how to let you go.

Plenty - Sarah McLachlan

I looked into your eyes
they told me plenty
I already knew.
you never felt a thing
so soon forgotten
all that you do
in more than words
I tried to tell you
the more I tried I failed
I would not let myself believe
that you might stray
And I would stand by you
no matter what they'd say.
I thought I'd be with you
until my dying day
until my dying day.
I used to think my life
was often empty
a lonely space to fill.
you hurt me more
than I ever could have imagined.
you made my world stand still
and in that stillness
there was a freedom
I never felt before.
I would not let myself
believe that you might stray
and I would stand by you
no matter what they'd say.
I thought I'd be with you
until my dying day
until my dying day.

Currently reading : Where Is God When It Hurts? By Philip Yancey

No comments: