vicissitude [vi-sis-i-tood, -tyood] –n. 1: a variation in circumstances or fortune at different times in your life or in the development of something; "the project was subject to the usual vicissitudes of exploratory research" 2: mutability in life or nature (especially successive alternation from one condition to another)
05 December, 2010
forgiveness
Forgiveness is so hard. Sometimes I wonder why I hold onto some things when all it gives me is pain, and if I could just forgive and give it up, I would be so much more at peace. People forgive for things much bigger than I have had to deal with in my life. I think of the Amish community who acted with such grace when several of their children were heartlessly murdered a few years ago. Wow. God, if only I could have that kind of strength and grace...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Heidi,
Thought you might find this article interesting as you are thinking through forgiveness.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/october/28.40.html
Thanks, Matt. Good to hear from you!
Post a Comment