2010. I've heard the question raised: is it twenty-ten or two thousand ten? I am going with the latter.
But first, I must go back in time.
December:
- Birthday parties for Linnea O (age 1) and Lily C (age 2). I love having these little girls in my life!
- "White Christmas" at the 5th Avenue Theater with Joy.
- Farewell to Anna and Regina moving back to Indiana.
- A great date....
- Christmas with my family in Madison, Wisconsin. This year we met in Madison because Sara lives there now too, in addition to Jake and Erica, and we thought it would be fun to do something different. Mom and Dad drove up from Indiana. We bypassed the worst of the winter storm, thankfully, so everyone got where they wanted to go in a timely manner. It was different, not only because we weren't at Mom and Dad's, but also because Erica and Jake's house is way smaller, so we were in close quarters for a few days, but we got along well and had a good time. Sara and I finished the Christmas puzzle in the nick of time the morning of the day I flew back home. We made our traditional vereniki meal we have to have when we are all together. It was "A Christmas To Remember". (sorry, inside joke)
So, now it's January. It seems like a good year so far! Just last night was a party for the staff of the NICU and Infant Special Care Unit, so it was fun to get dressed up and be social with work friends. The food was good, the comedian was funny, and the company was lovely (including my date).
This week I have been very mindful of the situation in Haiti after the earthquake. I have a friend, Kurt, who works in Port au Prince with Mennonite Central Committee. I found out that he is safe, as well as the other MCC workers, so that was a relief. But I know they are dealing with very disturbing circumstances now, and I wish them strength and peace as they provide aid to those around them.
This month has also begun the major planning for my trip to Costa Rica in 2 months. My plane ticket was purchased last week! I will be traveling for 10 days with 2 aunts, 1 cousin, my sisters, and my brother-in-law. Then I will meet up with some Seattle friends for the wedding of Brendan and Nathalie. I will have another birthday while away for a destination wedding! (My 30th birthday, two years ago, was in Mexico for Jen and Chris' wedding.)
Speaking of Jen and Chris, they are now the proud parents of Brooke, who is now one week old. I'm excited to meet her hopefully in the next month or so.
That's all for now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment