Last week I went to see Cirque du Soleil - Corteo. I was absolutely floored! I think my jaw was dropped for the entire first half of the show. It really makes a person in awe of what the human body can do. It also baffles me how anyone can actually master some of these things, like how many times do they almost die when they are first learning?? My favorite acts were the women swinging from the chandeliers, the trapeze, and one where a man and a woman were hanging from the ceiling from two straps and did all kinds of tricky stuff. At one point the woman was hanging from the two straps, and the guy was just holding on to her ponytail!! Another favorite was the "cyr wheels". I really can't do it any justice by trying to write about it. Below are pictures of the aerial straps and the Cyr wheel. If you ever have the chance to see Cirque du Soleil, you really should go. I am going to be a regular now, since they come to Seattle almost every year!

No comments:
Post a Comment