14 January, 2008

update

I realize I have been keeping all you faithful readers in suspense. Ha!! (All 3 of you.) Time seems to be flying by, but at the same time it seems like ages since Christmas. I had a great Christmas with my parents, sisters, and brother-in-law, with a short visit from Aunt Gert for lunch one day. It was very low key, but good. We played some games, watched some movies, did a puzzle like every year, danced to some Synthar, went to church, and ate some wonderful meals. My mom made sure to make our favorite foods!

Since I have been back in Seattle, I went on a date, went ice skating, went to a church leadership retreat/planning workshop, visited my friend Joy and her new baby Lily, hung out with my friend Andrew who was back home for break from grad school, went to a football game watching/birthday party, and of course hung out with various friends at various times.

Today was my day off, and my big accomplishment was taking my old desktop computer and broken microwave to a recycling center. Too bad it costs money to have your old electronics recycled and more environmentally safely disposed of. But I guess the work has to be paid for somehow!

I am continuing to try Match.com. I have only gone out with one guy from Match so far. We went out on 2 dates, and it was fun, but it wasn't a "match", so I will keep trying! I am emailing with a couple of other guys, and it sounds like I might meet at least one of them before long. I have definitely become more at ease with the whole idea of meeting people this way than I was when I decided to sign up. I am still firm on keeping it to guys in my area so I can actually meet them in person sooner than later if we want to meet, so it doesn't stay an online thing.

My big thing coming up this week is a presentation at a one day conference being held at my hospital for doctors and nurses in the community to get continuing education. It's all on pediatrics. My co-worker Alana and I are each giving a 20 minute presentation on pediatric nutrition. My part is on the various infant and pediatric formulas and nutrition supplements and when to use them. I am not exactly looking forward to this, because I haven't done a presentation since my internship! I am kind of nervous, but hopefully, because I'll be doing a powerpoint presentation, the attention won't be on me, but on the slides! It will be a huge relief when that's over.

Then I go to my annual snow camp this weekend!

1 comment:

Heather D. said...

Heidi, I wish you all the best in the dating realm and can't wait to hear the updates.

And what's this about snow camp?? Brrrrr....I'm cold in my house that has the fireplace blazing all day!