I have had two nights in a row of interrupted sleep, which is really unusual for me. The other thing that is unusual about this interrupted sleep is that both nights at 1:30 am, I was woken by loud crying!
On Sunday night I woke up at 1:30 am hearing a girl crying really loudly. I thought it was someone in another apartment in my building, because my window was open, and there are other windows right nearby. But after a while I realized that it was coming from outside. I went out to my living room to look out the window, and across the street was a girl and a guy. The girl was laying on the ground, and the guy was trying to get her up. She was crying and saying something about her head. He was yelling at her to get up, and trying to pick her up to cross the street. At one point he dropped her on her back, which got her crying more, and he was even more frustrated. She was cursing at him repeatedly. It was really disturbing to watch! I was debating about calling 911. Then a car came along and pulled over. At this point, the girl was laying in the middle of the crosswalk on my street, which people drive really fast on. I am so glad the driver of the van saw her. I couldn't see them very well from where I was, but I don't know where the guy went after that. A couple of people came out of the apartments and another car came along, and then a police car. Eventually a firetruck came, and then a while later an ambulance came. I don't know what was wrong with this girl. She must have been really drunk or something. She was apparently physically unable to even sit up, but her lungs were certainly strong!! Even after the police officers and firefighters were helping her, she was still crying off and on. By the sounds of it, she was even ticked off at them, so she must have been drunk. It took me a while to fall asleep after they were all gone, because it was such a bizarre and unsettling thing to witness. I think I was still awake an hour later when I heard some other people outside who were saying "where is she?". They must have been friends of hers that left her there in the first place and were finally coming back for her?? I don't know. Well, anyway, I was up for 2 hours in the middle of the night.
I was tired yesterday, but I thought for sure I would sleep well last night. My apartment building is generally a pretty quiet place to live, other than hearing cars go by. The incident the night before was very unusual. Well, about 11:30 when I was just barely asleep, I was woken by my neighbor across the hall who was fighting with her boyfriend. Apparently he was breaking up with her. I could hear every word they said for a little while. What an uncomfortable feeling!! After a little while they quieted down, but then at 1:30am, I woke up to her crying and yelling at him. What an unpleasant thing to have to listen to in the middle of the night! I really hope I can get some good sleep tonight!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment