23 February, 2007

Hello from Hong Kong

I don't have time to write much right now, but I thought I'd give a little update. I have been in Hong Kong visiting my cousin for almost a week now. So far some highlights have been hiking along a ridge in the fog; watching the fireworks for Chinese New Year over the harbour; going to temples and beautiful gardens; going for dim sum; walking through a bird market, flower market, & street markets; riding various forms of public transportation; taking a skyrail/tram on Lantau Island to the world's biggest outdoor Buddha; going shopping at a crazy mall where you barter for knock-offs of purses, luggage, clothing, shoes etc in Shenzhen across the border in mainland China; and also going to a day spa in Shenzhen where I got a 90 minute massage, lots of free fruit and tea and juice, went swimming, used computers and more for about $35 US!! Last night my cousin and I met up with 2 other girls (Noreen's friend and her friend who was also visiting) at an Austrailian pub which has live Dixieland jazz every night. What a strange combination of cultures! I am going to write more in detail later, but that's a snapshot of my adventures so far! I am having a great time!

2 comments:

jc said...

That all sounds awesome Heidi!! Say hi to Noreen, and I hope you continue to have a great trip!
~Carmen

ryan d said...

yeah, well i'm going for dim sum tomorrow too, and i don't even have to go to another country to do it. no dixieland jazz though, so i guess you win.